Here are five ways you can grow your business based on happy customers.
- Give out customer comment postcards to every client when a job is complete. Leave plenty of space on the postage pre-paid card to allow for write-in compliments (and include a check box asking if you can use their remarks in your marketing efforts) along with adding in an area requesting details on potential referral clients.
- Satisfied customers talk, ask for video testimonial – When the job is complete and your customer satisfied and actually expresses that to you, take a moment and ask them if they would share that with your other customers – on video. Use your smartphone and shoot it on the spot. Most smartphones can take great video and sound for a one-minute testimonial that you can upload to Facebook, share on Twitter and YouTube.
- Share positive customer comments regularly on your website and in social media. If a fan on your Facebook page has commented – like it, comment on it, share it yourself and even boost it to your fans and their friends.
- Lawn signs, even with social media, still work great. In fact, take a picture of it with the home in the background and post it to Instagram, hastag the neighborhood and community.
- Offer a refer-a-friend incentive program during slow business times. Ask for specific names and contact details of people who may be interested in your services. For every person, a past customer refers, send them a small gift or make a donation in their name to a local charity of their choice.
- When a new customer mentions they’ve been referred by a past customer, reach out to the past customer with a follow-up thank you letter and a small token gift, like a $10 Starbucks gift card.