Topic: The future of multi-family housing.
During this edition of CareyBrosPros, you’ll find out:
- Where the “gap” is in the multi-family building market
- What non-obvious features can help your bottom line
- How to encourage green behavior in your tenants to increase building sustainability
Guest: MATT POWER – Editor-In-Chief of Green Builder Media
Phone: (360) 376-4702
3 Points for Success – from Matt Power :
- Well built, energy- and water-efficient buildings are the best investment over the long term, if you plan to maintain them as rental properties. Don’t skimp. Build net-zero, and you’ll get higher rents or sale price, easier permitting with municipalities, reduced utility bills.
- Tenants will be wasteful and sometimes harmful to their own health, unless specific incentives and disincentives are put in place.
- Location, siting and proximity to transport are huge. Make life easy for occupants. Reduce parking requirements. Reduce pollution. Win, win, win.