Developing our future skilled labor in the field of Electrical Engineering.
During this edition of CareyBrosPros, you’ll find out:
- Job prospects and career demand.
- Apprenticeship process.
- The Electrical Engineer keeps the lights on, and more! Be on the ground floor with current and future technologies.
Guest: Gary Golka – President of Golka Electric, Inc in Mesa, Arizona.
Gary is on the Executive Committee for Independent Electrical Contractors (IEC).
Phone: (480) 969-5943
3 Points for Success – from Gary Golka:
- Try to keep your company growing, young people need to see that there is a place for them to move up into if they develop skills.
- Join a trade association that can offer apprenticeship school, networking opportunities, contractor and office training, and access to national manufacturing partners; make sure it is specific to your trade like Independent Electrical Contractors provide for electrical contractors.
- Readily adopt new technologies for construction that make sense for your niche; let your employees play a big part in recommending, piloting, and presenting the cost-benefits and value to the rest of the company.