Topic: The popularity of “tiny homes” has taught us a lot about the priorities of home living, design, and home building techniques. Can they also be the solution to recovery after a disaster and/or the housing crisis?
During this edition of CareyBrosPros, you’ll find out:
- What home builders need to consider if transitioning to “tiny homes.”
- The inspiration behind “tiny homes” and who truly benefits from them?
- Can “tiny homes” be part of the recovery of areas struck by disaster?
Guest: Marianne Cusato – Designer, Developer, Author, and Associate Professor at the University of Notre Dame’s School of Architecture
Book: The Just Right Home: Buying, Renting, Moving – Or Just Dreaming – Find Your Perfect Match!
3 Points for Success – from Marianne Cusato:
- Consider a full range of small home sizes, not just tiny
- Small home design doesn’t shrink everything – keep windows and ceilings larger to make the home “live large.”
- Plan a lot of storage.