Topic: Too often, a homeowner who loses their home due to a disaster (wildfire, flood, hurricane, etc.) is surprised that the insurance policy pay-out is not enough to re-build their home as it was before the incident! How can you – the professional contractor – help them?
During this edition of CareyBrosPros, you’ll find out:
- What does the typical homeowner policy include?
- How to be sure your customer isn’t “under-insured.”
- How to help your customer get the most from his/her insurance policy.
Guest: Ray Bourhis – an attorney specializing in policyholder representation.
A principal of Ray Bourhis Associates based in San Francisco.
You may have seen him profiled on 60 Minutes, The Wall Street Journal, Dateline, and dozens of other programs and journals.
Phone: (800) 264-2082
Email: (if you have a question based on this interview) firstname.lastname@example.org
3 Points for Success – from Ray Bourhis:
- Don’t rely solely on the insurance company’s opinion.
- Watch out for under-insurance.
- Don’t fall for “Santa Claus” or phony claims adjustors.